Thursday, September 8, 2011

Providentially Delayed

We should know (by now) that nothing happens fast, or correctly, in AFRICA!  But it does, in God's sovereign providence... :)

Phil just emailed me:

Hi Jaime,

In God’s providence, airport security did not let us board our plane today (the only Ethiopian flight of the day, long story that) ... So my funds are literally down to $0 and the Wilmarths have only $50 left and Ethiopian Airlines says they can change our return tickets but we owe $200 each, including the twins. There is 1 seat for to Ethiopia-D.C. tomorrow I’m taking (no connection till Sunday to Sac) and only 4 seats available Saturday the Wilmarths are taking to Ethiopia-D.C.-Sac. I join them on the last leg of the flight. I was able to find my CC, but of course it’s cancelled, and then in my laptop bag I realized there was an envelope marked “for orphanage or anything needed on the trip” – I hastily opened the envelope and lo and behold, $200 – just enough to pay for my flight tomorrow! Didier also had $800 on him, in God’s providence, to loan them from orphanage/project money! Jehovah Jireh – the Lord provides! A very nice guy at Ethiopian Air office stayed an extra hour after the office closed to get my ticket taken care of for tomorrow. We will be eating light tonight but glad to be coming home soon, Lord-willing all arriving together Sunday night at 9:00 in Sac, in God’s providence ;)

Phil

1 comment: