Saturday, August 27, 2011

Quick Update from D.C.



Just a quick update on the trip. I am writing from the hotel that Ethiopia Airlines is putting us up in as we wait for our flight which departs tomorrow around noon EST at which point the weather shouldn’t be too bad (up to 23mph, clearing up in afternoon). Hit some turbulence on our descent to Dulles International this afternoon, but was good for our prayer lives ;) The wind hasn’t been bad since we’ve been here, but the atmosphere feels very much like Hawaii, I guess that’s why they call it a tropical storm. More importantly, had some good gospel conversations with a lady sitting next to me on the plane, sharing my story and what the gospel did in the Congo years ago (Tuesday 8/23 post below). I even got a 15-20 minute nap, periodically interrupted by the 21-month-old next to me tapping me on the arm. He was sweet. Thankful to be getting a good night sleep tonight and a clean shower and then a full day of flying tomorrow, 13 hours D.C. to Ethiopia, then a few more to Lubumbashi.

Do you think we have enough bags? That's Gabe on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment