Sunday, October 2, 2011

May This Journey Bring a Blessing

Phil and Jaime are on their way to Congo.  As I type, they are on an airplane headed to Washington D.C.  From there, they will fly to Ethiopia and then on to Lubumbashi, Congo.  It is a LONG trip.  They go with happy hearts, though.  God has been so gracious, as you know. 

They carry with them 7 huge bags... but not because they are taking much of their own belongings, but because so many of you have graciously given gifts to the orphanage and Pastor Didier's family!  It is so exciting to see the body of Christ be so generous.


Georgia and Adam said good-bye to their mom and dad just before they headed to the aiport (Ella and Annalee were staying at a friend's house).


Driving away...

They hope and pray that their "journey will bring a blessing" as the words say in that Getty song, "Jesus Draw Me Ever Nearer."  Phil said they have been humming this song today as they started their journey and asked me to post the words. 


Jesus Draw Me Ever Nearer
Jesus draw me ever nearer
As I labor thro' the storm
You have called me to this passage
And I'll follow tho' I'm worn
May this journey bring a blessing
May I rise on wings of faith
And at the end of my heart's testing
With Your likeness let me wake

Jesus guide me thro' the tempest
Keep my spirit staid and sure
When the midnight meets the morning
Let me love You even more

May this journey be a blessing
May I rise on wings of faith
And at the end of my heart's testing
With Your likeness let me wake

Let the treasures of the trial
Form within me as I go
And at the end of this long passage
Let me leave them at Your throne

Jesus draw me ever nearer
Jesus draw me ever nearer
Jesus draw me ever nearer to You
To You

No comments:

Post a Comment