Saturday, October 1, 2011

One Month Ago

Exactly one month ago today I buried my son Mark Joseph Layton in Lubumbashi. It was a simple graveside service, not the type of memorial service one might have in America where pictures might be shown in a slide show. What pictures would I have liked to show of this precious boy we'll never forget? Here is a short picture tribute:

When he received the last name Layton (5/22/2011)

Coming home from the hospital, held by Annie

With Didier's family that first week


At 2 weeks old

With Mama Angelique and Kara

At 2 months

Being cared for by Annie

Tomorrow I get on a plane to fly back to Lubumbashi, something I could not have imagined at the time. As I knelt and kissed and embraced the little coffin, it was as if the Lord knelt and did the same for me.

 
To be continued ...

2 comments:

  1. Such sweet and poignant pictures. Mark's short life was such a picture of God's great kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Priceless pictures......
    Thanks for sharing your heart!
    The Cains
    Isaiah 41:10
    Psalm 139

    ReplyDelete