Monday, August 20, 2018

I received a text from Phil today:

"I was able to see Mari Etienne (runs a local orphanage and is a good friend of Didier) and Emery (works on the compound and is one of the men recently married with the other couples at the church in the special ceremony).
                                                           Emery and Phil 2011

I was also able to meet some of the pastors Didier is working with and get  to see a new church plant.  We visited churches 1 and 3.


We went to a Internet Café (it’s a room with 20 year old computers and wires hanging everywhere), I was able to get a SIM card for my iPad so now I can text much easier.  (The keyboards at the café are French).  


When we got back I still had time for a basketball game, and even dunked. (He said he has witnesses)

For dinner we had fresh goat, foo-foo (boiled cassava kinda like a big ball of sticky rice) and cassava leaves.

I begin teaching at 9:30 am."  (12:30 am our time)


                                   Didier's Church on the Compound where Phil is teaching

No comments:

Post a Comment