Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Sleepless in Congo - and Sickness Update

Just a quick note to say I literally could not sleep at all last night with NyQuil, etc., so would appreciate extra prayers that I would be able to clear in teaching as my mind isn’t right now. At first it felt like a battle spiritually has kept me from preparing what I’ll teach but it’s definitely intestinally a battle (I’ll spare the details to keep the blog rating but my stomach is quite messed up and making exciting noises :) Please pray for me spiritually and physically (I’ve taken charcoals and have a severe daytime cold and flu I’ll try and trust God’s wisdom on what I eat).

Lifting up eyes to help that comes from the Lord who never sleeps as He guards His people (Psalm 121) and whose mercies are new every morning as I taught yesterday but need to preach to my soul

Update from Thursday afternoon: God gave me just the grace I needed to teach on grace and faith this morning, and I had the grace of the afternoon off to take a nap for 2+ hours. Please pray I would be healed of this by tomorrow (or tonight would be even better :) 

Didier thinks it’s from some of the Congolese food I’m eating, I feel like it might be a stomach bug I hope is only 24 hours. Tomorrow if the Lord wills and heals, I’ll be teaching on the supremacy of Christ whose grace is sufficient and whose strength perfected in weakness, so please join me in praying 2 Cor 12:9-10. That His power would rest on me so that when I’m weak I am strong in Christ 

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you P. Phil! Thank you for the updates, it's very encouraging to hear what God is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We continue to pray the power of God will be made perfect as you serve Him in spite of weakness- that HE would be strong in you. Melody & Tim

    ReplyDelete