Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Today was a great day of teaching

Here’s a picture of me and my twin brother from another mother



Here’s a picture of some of the pastors I ate lunch with. 



A week ago I was expecting a small group of pastors like this picture and maybe a few more, but yesterday there were 97 people, including about 30 Didier had never seen before! It’s been more of a general audience with 10-20 pastors so I’ve had to adapt quite a bit. Also some attendees are from Pentecostal background and churches that have Apostles. One of the ladies has a mother who is a prophetess at a large church in the area, but this lady said the teaching was so good and she hoped to come back later.

Yesterday’s Q&A was much about apostles and prophets and why we don’t believe they’re for today. The subject was supposed to be on God’s glory but I think that got obscured a bit with questions on charismatic controversies but I think God helped Didier and I explain the truth. Today those people didn’t come, so the spirit in the room during the Q&A time was less tense and the questions were more fruitful and focused on the subject, which today was Sola Scriptura.

The smiling faces at the end of a long day (9:30-3:30 with only one lunch break) refreshed my soul. Many of these people traveled by foot quite a ways, others came by public transport, but none own cars. One young man in the back was crippled and sat in the aisle on the hard concrete floor eagerly and attentively listening for hours. It was humbling and moving to see how appreciative they are to the Word of God this second day, how thankful they are. 



Please join me and them in thanking God and praying for another day like that tomorrow, as I teach on salvation by grace alone through faith alone  

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you as God leads you to handle any adversities & may He get the glory through your efforts. Praying for strength & clarit of mind with all the obstacles to detour you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord! Thank you for these praise reports. Our God is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete