Friday, August 24, 2018

Morning by morning new mercies

Morning by morning new mercies I see
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided
Great is Thy Faithfulness, Lord unto me!

Thank you all for praying for me as these last 2 mornings I’ve battled what seems to be a stomach flu and/or may have to do with some(things?) I ate. God answered prayers for rest as I was able to sleep 10+ hours last night and another 2+ hours yesterday afternoon. Didier’s van was having problems but God mercifully provided a driver who could take me home each day at lunch time (we didn’t do the full-day afternoon schedule with me from earlier in the week). God’s mercies renewed my spirit (and seem to have removed the fever) and sustained me to teach again, and seemed to bless our time as I taught on 1 Cor 2:1-5. I believe I experienced something of what Paul meant by “I was with you in weakness ... in demonstration of the Spirit and of powers, so that you faith might not rest in the wisdom of man, but on the power of God.”

I would appreciate continued prayers for my stomach which is still ill. Please join me in asking God for mercies that I would keep food down and have another good night of rest. God is so faithful, and truly all I have needed His hand has provided (even just an hour ago some things that will really help my hydration and healing.) I know tomorrow morning His mercies will provide what I and you need.

Jaime and I are reminded of God’s faithfulness, 7 years ago today right before travelling to DRC, for  the first time, we received word that the Lord had taken our son Mark Joseph that the Lord had given us through adoption, in His mysterious providence. Here are some of the thoughts and truths that sustained us and that were good for me to review and rehearse:

                                         Mark Joseph Waleza Layton 5/20/11 - 8/24/11

https://lifeatthelaytons.blogspot.com/2011/08/lord-gave-and-lord-has-taken-away.html

https://lifeatthelaytons.blogspot.com/2011/08/great-is-thy-faithfulness-sermon-from_28.html




1 comment:

  1. Praise God for allowing you to sleep for 10 hours! That is huge and much needed for clarity of mind in proclaiming the truth as you are doing this week! So blessed to have you as our pastor!

    ReplyDelete