Saturday, August 25, 2018

Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow

Today was a blessed day of rest I needed, and God has impressed on me the words “strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow.” I feel my strength returning today as I was well enough to eat a big meal and take a big nap, and tomorrow the bright hope we have in Christ will be reflected in the bright colors of African dresses and shirts at church. The orphans will be singing tomorrow as well as the regular choir and even as I write I hear their exuberant praise and practice. Today I’ve been able to spend some time with the kids for the first time and they’re adorable. It took them awhile to warm up from their shyness till after I brought them “bombo” (lollipops).

Here are some of the neighborhood children


The sign above the door exiting the guest house says “Why? Jesus is Worthy!” That’s a great reminder of why I’m here everytime I go out. That’s the great motivation and all we need ... but the smiles of these kids sure is a good bonus!



No comments:

Post a Comment