Thursday, August 30, 2018

Remembering God’s Faithfulness

John Piper says in the thing we see and struggle to understand why, God is doing a thousand things, most of which we know nothing about.

This morning 8/31 (Congo time) marks a day like that for our family. As I carried my son’s casket on this date, one thing I know is there was with me “a man of sorrows, acquainted with grief...our sorrows He carried” (Isaiah 53). On this anniversary of my baby boy’s burial I’ll never forget how God was merciful and I captured my thoughts in this memorial. Here is a tribute I wrote on this day to the son we can’t forget:
https://lifeatthelaytons.blogspot.com/2011/08/dads-memorial-of-son-he-never-knew.html

Below is a tribute to the God who never forgets us:
https://lifeatthelaytons.blogspot.com/2011/09/behind-frowning-providence-faith-sees.html

Here is some of the rest of the story. I hope it will encourage you afresh to record God’s blessings in answered prayer so you never forget them and can look back years later as I was blessed to do today
https://lifeatthelaytons.blogspot.com/2011/09/glory-to-god-for-answered-prayers.html

Remembering with rejoicing.
To God be the glory, great things He has done!

I sense this trip is also much bigger than I see, and am looking forward to what God does, even though much of it I may not know about


1 comment:

  1. Fresh tears and refreshed gratitude today as I tracked back through those posts. Doesn't seem like it could have been that long ago! I'm grateful that we are able to see some of God's good purposes in having allowed such a painful thing to happen to you and your family. Truly, He redeems these things in, as our dear Mr. Piper reminds us, in a thousand ways. In this case, probably a lot more! Your testimony has so faithfully honored God and goes out to the nations. May He continue to meet with you, teach you as you teach others, encourage and strengthen you as you do His work, and bless you. I love and miss you all so much!! Thank you for sharing this post!

    ReplyDelete