Sunday, August 26, 2018

Lord’s Day highlights

Today was a blessed Lord’s Day with our family in Christ. I shared with them how many have been praying for this time and that as believers in Christ we are all one in Christ no matter our country or color. By God’s adopting grace we have the same Father. 


Below is my brother Patience (pronounced posse-on-ts). He is Didier’s assistant and one of the few men around here who speaks English. He is aspiring to the ministry and is a true servant and has been very helpful and encouraging in so many ways. He’s only 24-26 years old but is hungry and humble and developing his gifts and ministry potential. Guys like him have so blessed and refreshed my soul!


The children’s choir this morning was a real highlight. They sang a song written by Elize Mukotshi (Didier’s daughter in white shirt on the left in the back) and set to music by her brother Emany on the keyboard. Several songs we sang in church were written by Didier or his family. The first hour or so of the service was singing, special music, scripture reading and prayer. The people’s passion and love for the Lord and evident heartfelt worship was moving and motivating for the preaching time, which is the majority of the service (1.5 hours). Interestingly, they didn’t clap for the music but they clapped after the sermon to show their appreciation for God’s Word. Even when twice as long as American sermons (just saying :) I hoped to encourage them but I think they encouraged me more.


Didier is a good interpreter - in fact I often think he makes it sound more exciting than what I said! :)
Awas able to preach Christ from John 19:25-30 today and I believe He was glorified and His people were edified. It was about Christ’s Sympathy and Sufficiency in His last words on the cross to the women and John. They wanted me to keep preaching more than 1.5 hours but I thought I should stop there and quit while I was ahead :) Plus I was out of notes.

Thank you who have been praying for my health. I’m doing far better than I deserve. To complete the song theme of the last couple days, I have “blessings all mine and ten thousand beside, pardon for sin and a peace that endureth, God’s own dear presence to cheer and to guide.” And on top of that, I am well in body and soul thanks to your intercession and God’s mercies.

I leave you with the mouths of little ones from whom our majestic Lord ordains praise and establishes strength (Psalm 8:1-2)



1 comment:

  1. We are blessed and wncouraged to bear how God is at work there. We will keep on prayimg for hungry hearts and powerful preaching - as well as bealth! Melody & Tim

    ReplyDelete