Thursday, August 16, 2018

Praise for Visa and prayer for tomorrow's voyage!

Team leader to base, we have the package, I repeat, we have the package, over!

Today a UPS driver arrived with the package from DC with my approved Visa application, passport, and yellow card required to fly tomorrow! Our dog Dakota ran up to the truck wagging his tail with joy, and I was right behind him in my bare-feet, doing the same inwardly (only slightly more dignified outwardly ! :) 

48 hours earlier it looked like the trip was a no go but God's hand has been clearly at work in the details and timing. Where there's God's will, there's a way!  I'm reminded of when Jaime came with me as we adopted Matteus, it was again down to the wire, waiting for Passport/Visa to arrive via mail literally the day before we got on our plane. 

It was a blessing to rejoice with and pray with the church staff and the praying ladies group, and to know the support and prayers of many. I shared with them my concern isn't physical safety or health as much as it is the spiritual aspects, and asked specific prayers for:
- unity among the church here and there as I go (especially with a bigger more diverse group of pastors, but also knowing our enemy likes to bring disunity or disruption here or there in the midst of good things)
- prayer that I would be a humble servant of these servants of the Lord, as an ambassador of the King, and would not offend or obstruct the truth by anything about me or our culture
- above all, please pray for me and the leaders the words of Ephesians 6:10-20, and that Christ and His supremacy and sovereignty over all would shine (Ephesians 1:20-23) 

In addition to the prayer requests on yesterday's blog, Didier asked me to prepare an additional special message on praying and suffering, and not losing heart, which is such a need among so many. 

My prayer:
"Keep my spirit staid and sure.
When the midnight meets the morning,
Let me love You even more.
May this journey bring a blessing,
May I rise on wings of faith..."

As I look out at the wings of the airplane and literally fly out after midnight into the next morning (18.5 hour flight from West Coast across the Atlantic!), I pray this journey brings a blessing and that I and others would love Christ more as a result. Alleluia, Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment